22 – year – old Anisha of Khatnapuruwa of Banke village in Nepalgunj – 2 suffered 50 per cent burns after her husband set her on fire on Thursday night.
The doctors involved in her treatment have suggested referring her to Kathmandu but due to financial constraints the victim is yet to be shifted for better medical attention, said Inspector, Rajan Gautam, of Ward Police Office, Nepalgunj.
Anisha’s face, breast and head have burns while the fire has impacted the inner organs in her throat, said Senior Surgeon, Dr Rupananda Adhikari, of Bheri Zonal Hospital. “She has suffered burn injuries to 5o per cent of her body while her throat has swollen, the sooner we are able to take her to the teaching hospital (Kathmandu) the better treatment we will get,” Adhikari shared.
The woman’s health condition is further deteriorating as she has not been transferred to other health institute 21 hours after she was set on fire.
“We don’t have money to seek treatment outside, if anyone can support us my daughter –in – law will survive,” Anshari’s mother – in – law said while holding onto her granddaughter in her lap.
Rajendra Khatik, 25, had tried to set his 22 – year – old wife on fire by dousing her with the kerosene from a traditional lamp. He is currently absconding. RSS