Inaruwa, March 26 (RSS): A child died of burn injuries last night at Koshi Rural Municipality-1 in Sunsari district.
The District Police Office Sunsari said that 12-year-old Suraj Marik died after the fire broke out in the house of local Bindeshwor Marik.
The boy died after the fire broke out in the house from the light lit to keep mosquitoes away.
It is said that Suraj was alone at home in the time of fire, Deputy Superintendent of Police Narayan Prasad Chimariya said.
Three thatched-roof houses were also gutted to cinder in the fire while properties worth Rs 250,000 were damaged in the fire, local Pawan Rauniyar said.