Dolakha, June 30: A mother has died while three of her children have fallen ill after consuming wild mushroom in Kalinchok VDC-7 of the district on Wednesday.
The deceased is 48-year-old Phulmaya Tamang.
Locals said her two daughters – 17-year-old Anita Tamang and nine-year-old Sanu Kanchhi Tamang – and son 14-year-old Kale Tamang, are seriously ill.
They are unconscious, said Gyalbo Tamang, a local from Kalinchok. He said preparation is being made to take them to the district headquarters, Charikot for treatment.
Three members of a local Pakhrin family have also fallen sick after consuming the mushroom.
They have returned home after primary treatment at local health post.
It is said that of Phulmaya’s six children, three are safe as one is abroad in connection with foreign employment and remaining two were in the highland pasture along with their father tending livestock. RSS